I’m Giving Away New Copies of the 20 Books That Have Helped Me the Most
Nothing has helped me heal more than writing about my struggles.
Nothing, that is, except reading about other people’s struggles.
There are certain books that have meant so much to me I can’t NOT share them with other people.
Below I’ve listed my top 20 (three of them are in the photo above). And why have I done that? Because I’m going to give brand new copies of them to ONE PERSON.
Yep, that’s right.
I’m running a contest. All you have to do is follow these instructions and when the contest is over, a package of these bad boys could be on its way to you.
In other words, you are in the running to win brand-spanking new copies of books that have the power to help change your life.
The list is an eclectic one for sure—authors include a Holocaust survivor, a news anchor, a journalist famous for destroying her career with drugs and a stand-up comedian. And the dichotomy of this list is intentional. Brains get rusty if we consume too much of the same thing. I want you to laugh and cry and think and re-think and experience some of what these books have given me.
So what are these books I speak of?
1) Blackout by Sarah Hepola
2) Choose Yourself! Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream by James Altucher
3) Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
4) The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
5) Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
6) Your Voice in My Head by Emma Forrest
7) Girl Walks Out of a Bar by Lisa Smith
8) The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations for Codependents by Melodie Beattie
9) The Miracle Morning: The Not-so-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8 am) by Hal Elrod
10) Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
11) 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story by Dan Harris
12) Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
13) Agorafabulous by Sara Benincasa
14) My Lush Sobriety by Sacha Scoblic
15) How to Murder Your Life by Cat Marnell
16) Recovery 2.0: Move Beyond Addiction and Upgrade Your Life by Tommy Rosen
17) Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
18) Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania by Andy Berhman
19) The Night of the Gun by David Carr
20) Black Hole by Bucky Sinister